New Homeowner Day
Whether you’ve just started unpacking, or are starting to think about your next move, the National Home Show has the presentations, expertise, and suppliers you need to make it your space, your way. And on Thursday, April 21, we’ve got heaps of content that is geared to people who are anywhere in the home buying journey.
• More than 500 vendors for windows, roofing, appliances, home décor and furniture, heating and cooling – all in one easy to shop show.
• Step inside the Dream Home by Bonneville and walk out with décor tips, staging ideas, and inspiration to bring to your new home
• Enjoy a free 15 minute consultation with a renovator in Destination Renovation, presented by RenoMark. Find out if that wall can come down, if you need to dig out the basement, or how to maximize your space in a condo.
• Free 15 minute consultation with a designer in Design Intervention. From moving the furniture to adding a feature wall, there’s so much you can do to improve the flow and functionality of your new home.
• DIY Centre – Learn satisfying hands-on skills like understanding the basics of using power tools, small DIY projects, simple home improvements, paint tips, tool safety, and reno tips from the pros.
• Expert advice geared to new homeowners on the HGTV Canada Main Stage all day on Thursday, April 21
– Figuring Out Feature Walls – 11:00am
– Old Home Renos – Tackling A Fixer Upper – 1:00pm
– Secrets from a Home Inspector – what to know before you buy – 3:00pm
– Investing in Pre-Construction Condos – 4:00pm
– Plumbing Tips for New Homeowners – 6:00pm
• Hands On Make & Take in the HGTV Canada Workshop
– Plant a Spring Planter – just $30, and that includes your show ticket. in the HGTV Canada Workshop – 4:30pm
– Create an Insta-Worthy Charcuterie Box – the lesson and all the ingredients are just $50, and that includes your ticket to the show – 6:30pm
• Food Network Outdoor Kitchen
– Charcuterie Styling Demo by The Graze Anatomy – free at 5:00pm