Laneway & Garden Suite Day
ADUs are HOT! Whether you call it a laneway or garden suite, a granny flat, or a Ancillary Dwelling Unit, adding a backyard suite is a sweet way to add equity to your property, provide housing to a family member, or perhaps create a new rental unit for our growing city.
The National Home Show recognizes the opportunity to build new housing in the city by adding in laneway and garden suites, and there’s more than 500 design, build and product experts at our show who can help you with your dream build. New for 2024 – we’ve added dozens of new vendors who specialize in laneway and garden suite planning, permits, financing, design and building.
Friday, March 15 – a day of presentations, networking and expert advice in the Speaker’s Lounge
Before you start building that Pinterest board of super cool features and small-space ideas, join us for a day of groundbreaking education featuring the industry’s best experts on laneway and garden suites.
It all starts with the inspiration tour! Bonneville Homes will be displaying a full-feature home plus a separate garden suite in the backyard. Take a tour of their innovative layouts and building features, and find out how a Bonneville pre-engineered suite may work on your property.
Presentation topics will include:
- Maximizing Your Property Potential with a Backyard Suite
- HST and Laneway Housing – all about rebates
- Laneway & Garden Suites – The City of Toronto’s Plans for Adding More Housing
- Panel discussion with homeowners who have recently built their own suite
- Laneway & Garden Suites Networking – Meet Experts and Homeowners Who Have Been There, Done That
All presentations and networking are included with your show ticket.