Looking for a way to incorporate pumpkin, spice & everything nice into your smoothie routine?
We’re about to add another pumpkin pin to your inspiration board… but trust us, it’s worth it, and totally guilt free.
This recipe will please anyone that wants all the pumpkin and no regrets! It can be vegan, is totally gluten-free, and the perfect morning pick-me-up. You can find the original recipe from Oh She Glows, but we’ve made a couple minor modifications. This recipe makes about 500mL of smoothie, perfect for 2 smoothies, just double the recipe for a larger portion or 4 smoothies.
- 2 cups of milk (can be 2%, almond, or soy)
- 1/2 cup of oats (can be quick oats or large flake oats)
- 2 tbsp. of chia seeds
- 2 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree (can be canned or freshly roasted pumpkin)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 tbsp. molasses
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup or honey
- Topping: Whipped cream, or coconut whipped cream
How to Prepare:
- In a large bowl combine the milk, oats, chia seeds, and pumpkin pie spice. Let sit in fridge for at least an hour or overnight. You want the mixture to thicken a bit and the oats/chia seeds to absorb some of the milk. Let sit for less time if you don’t like thick smoothies.
- In a blender blend the milk mixture with the pumpkin puree, banana, molasses, and maple syrup or honey for 2-3 minutes or until blended.
- Serve the smoothies, add topping if desired.