The holidays are filled with delicious baked goods like shortbread. We took the classic and added our favourite chocolate hazelnut spread because it’s simply delicious! You can make these squares as a dessert for any party or wrap them in gift boxes to giveaway over the holidays.
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup nutella
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup pastry flour
- Topping: 1/4 cup nutella with 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/4 cup hazelnuts/pecans/almonds for topping
How to prepare:
- Line a 11×7 or 8×8 pan with parchment paper, set aside. Heat oven to 350°F
- Cream the peanut butter, nutella, and butter together.
- Combine the icing sugar and pastry flour in a small bowl.
- Gently stir the flour mixture into the fat mixture. It will be crumbly, which means it’s perfect!
- Pour the crumbly mixture into parchment lined pan and gently press down with hand.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes depending or until the edges are slightly golden in colour. Let cool fully.
- Once cooled start prepping the topping, melt nutella with chocolate chips and gently spread on top of the shortbread.
- Sprinkle some chopped nuts/sprinkles/coconut on top for decoration. Let cool before slicing.
- To slice, remove from pan. Place on cutting board and slice off the end pieces. Slice into small squares or rectangles and serve on a plate or package! Might be hard to resist a nibble too.