Laneway & Garden Suite Day
Thursday, March 16 – a day of presentations, networking and expert advice
Whether you call it a laneway or garden suite, a granny flat, or a Ancillary Secondary Dwelling Unit (the City of Toronto’s mouthful of a name), adding a backyard build is an intriguing way to add equity to your property, provide housing to a family member, or perhaps create a new rental unit that our growing city needs.
The National Home Show recognizes the opportunity to build new housing in the city by adding in laneway and garden suites – and there’s more than 500 design, build and product experts at our show who can help you with your dream suite. But before you start building that Pinterest board of super cool features and small-space ideas, join us for a day of groundbreaking education featuring the industry’s best experts on laneway and garden suites.
It all starts with the inspiration tour! Bonneville Homes will be displaying a full-feature home plus a separate garden suite in the backyard. Take a tour of their innovative layouts and building features, and find out how a Bonneville pre-engineered suite may work on your property.
Presentation topics include:
- Maximizing Your Property Potential with a Backyard Suite – Joel Scopelleti, Carick Homes
- HST and Laneway Housing – Don’t be Slow and Miss the Dough$ – Rami Miransky
- Pre-Engineered Garden & Laneway Suites – Margaret Napierala, Sales Director, Bonneville Homes
- Laneway Suites : Toronto’s New Housing Typology – Craig Race, Architect, Lanescape
- Tales From The Trenches – What We Wish We’d Known Before Building our Garden or Laneway Suite – moderated by Effie Carson
- Laneway & Garden Suites Networking – Meet Experts and Homeowners Who Have Been There, Done That
All presentations and networking are included with your show ticket – get tickets here.