Everyone needs a little inspiration when prepping tiny snacks to be munched by party attendees. Well here at Toronto Home Shows we are the best nibblers and can help you with this great homemade spring roll recipe. It’s easy and impresses your guests, no need to buy a box of spring rolls when you can make them yourself!
What you need:
- rice wraps (any size) – find at most grocery stores and Asian supermarkets
- carrots (sliced thinly)
- cucumber (sliced thinly)
- avocado (sliced thinly)
- feel free to add whichever filling you like!
Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
How to prepare:
- Start by slicing all the vegetables into thin strips that will fit inside your wraps. Set aside.
- Fill a large bowl with hot water (hot water from a tap is usually fine).
- Start by sliding one rice wrap gently into the bowl. Let it soak for about 1min or until tender.
- Remove wrap from water and on flat surface fill one edge of the wrap with veggies. Wrap each end over and roll into a wrap.
- Continue this process until you have used up all of the vegetables you have sliced. Set aside and prepare peanut dipping sauce.
- Prepare peanut dipping sauce by combining peanut butter and soy sauce. Add a little water at a time until you get the desired consistency and flavour you like! Make sure to give the sauce a good stir, it takes a little while to get it all mixed together well. Pour into a bowl that people can dip their rolls in if they like.